Amazon prime is a fantastic service with more than 100 million world-wide. Most people use it to take advantage of the free two-day shipping, but the benefits don’t end there.
Here are few benefits of prime:
- Prime video, this perk allows for unlimited streaming of TV shows and movies. It may not have the selection that Netflix has, but does feature high quality original content including the TV shows such as, Sneaky Pete, the man in the high castle, Goliath, etc.
- Prime music the service offers unlimited ad-free streaming of 2-million songs in their library admittingly prime music is a frustrating service when searching for your favourite songs or artists, but for free it’s not terrible.
- Primes another service called Amazon music unlimited which is similar to Spotify is a much better service offering more than 10 million songs.
- Twitch prime, if you’re a gamer, members get exclusive discount on pre-orders and releases of physical games, along with additional perks linking your twitch account to prime gets you access to free games along with a free viewing on twitch.
- Whole foods market, Amazon acquired whole foods in 2017 and has been slowly rolling out perks to prime members including additional discounts and deals on certain items to get the deals you need to install the whole foods market app. The QR code in the app gets scanned upon checkout instead of using the app you can also use your mobile number at checkout.
- Prime pantry in select regions members can shop for groceries and household products and pay an additional delivery fee without the need to purchase those items in bulk.
- Amazon fresh, this is another on that requires an additional fee on top of your prime membership.
- Prime reading lets you borrow books, magazines and more from the prime reading catalogue, This, one doesn’t require that you own a kindle device. So, if you don’t own a kindle, you would just have to install the kindle app which is available for android and IOS.
- Amazon first reads this benefit used to be known as kindle first, how this one works is that prime members get early access to one of six books for free each month, that have been curated by the editors at amazon. After selecting the book it’s yours to keep first wreath requires that you have the kindle app installed on your device.
- Kindle owners lending library, this reading benefit differs from the previous two, this one requires that you own a kindle device. Kindle owners can borrow one book for free from the kindle owners lending library each calendar month.
- Audible channels for prime, this benefit is a lot like prime reading, but for audio books audible channels for prime gets you unlimited steaming of original audio series playlist, and select audio books. There’s no offline mode and you would need to install the audible app on your device.
- Prime photos as a prime member users get unlimited photo storage that can be accessed on a desktop computer or mobile device. In addition to photos, members also receive up to 5 gigabytes for free to store videos and other files.
- Prime members also get early access to amazon lightning deals so that’s really good if you like to shop for random things at really good prices and if you’ve got young kids, you can also use what’s called amazon family and that will give you discounts .
- Prime day which is a special day just for members where you can actually get the best deals of the year on a whole bunch of different things. It’s even better than black Friday.